Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate effectively with preceding and succeeding shift supervisors and set-up technicians on a daily basis.
- Utilize CIM to monitor of each machine for all applicable process parameters and improve process as required.
- Assist in and perform production and sample mold set-ups. Verify the proper function of auxiliary equipment.
- Ensure that molds and all support equipment (i.e.-limit switches, valve gates, water fittings, etc.) are in place.
- Maintain and verify production documentation as production schedule requires.
- Train molding supervisors and set-up technicians on a regular basis on proper and updated state of the art molding technology.
- Learn and demonstrate capabilities and functional skills on all automated equipment and systems.
- Start molding machines when all elements of a set-up are complete, including all verification steps and submission of parts to the Quality Department for approval.
- Assist in sampling of new and existing molds under the guidance of a Process Engineer.
- Assist in development of tools (EOAT, specialty operator equipment) as required.
- Coordinate machine preventative maintenance with the maintenance department.
- Maintain work habits and safety procedures to protect personnel, customer property, and Medbio property from damage or misuse.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and convey information to Process Engineer for follow-up and implementation.
- Run operator attended IMMs as directed by production shift leader or designate.
- Maintain plant cleanliness.
- Support and adhere to corporate mission, values, and policies.
- Performance is reviewed both yearly and on a rolling basis by your ability to:
- Maintain harmonious relationships with other employees and departments
- Provide training and support, where applicable, to shift leaders and technicians
- Identify and follow through on opportunities for improvement in all production related processes
- Perform other duties as assigned
- The Molding Process Technician reports directly to the Shift Supervisor. They will provide continual training and support to other staff. They will seek guidance from Process Engineers to continually improve knowledge and develop critical skills.
Experience and/or Educational Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED required. Degree or trade school certification preferred.
- Successful completion of injection molding certificate programs from Penn State or similar required.
- 3+ years experience in injection mold set-up and processing required.
- Basic ability to read part and tool drawings required
- Basic ability to use typical measuring instruments (micrometers, calipers, etc.) required
- Experience with and understanding of the principles of SPC preferred
- Must be able to work a standard 40 hour work week with occasional overtime including weekends as a possibility.
- Sitting and/or standing for an extended period of time as well as some walking within the facility.
- Must be able to see with or without corrective lenses and distinguish color differences and depth perception for product and safety issues.
- Hearing ability should be sufficient to hear and react to audible alarms from distances up to 100 feet.
- The ability to lift and carry various items up to 60 pounds.