Summary of Function:
The Set-Up Technician will support the production efforts at Medbio in staging of tooling and startup of production jobs while maintaining reasonable efficiencies, minimizing tool damage/wear and preserving the safety of all Medbio employees.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide machine setup support
- Clean, stage and tear down molds (with extreme care and attention) to meet production needs
- Communicate in an effective and timely manner any equipment issues/breakdowns to maintenance
- Communicate in an effective and timely manner any tooling issues to Production Manager and the team Process Engineer
- Measure first shots for each production job as necessary
- Exhibit safety awareness and safe work practices
The Set-Up Technician reports directly to the Team Supervisor for daily work priorities. The Set-Up Technician reports to the Process Engineer for technical direction and training. Team Supervisors and the Production Manager will provide the scheduling priorities for the Set-Up Technician. Engineering samples or prototype runs will be scheduled in conjunction with the Process Engineer and the Production Manager to avoid complications.
Experience and/or Educational Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Prefer two-year certificate or Associates Degree in plastics-related subject
- Preferred 1-2 years experience with plastics injection molding set-up duties
- General understanding of automation systems and equipment
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Basic blueprint reading skills
- Strong written/verbal communication, leadership, interpersonal and motivational skills
- Understanding of ISO and FDA/GMP regulations with regard to production processes and documentation practices
Must be able to work a standard 40 hour workweek with occasional overtime including weekends as a possibility. Sitting and/or standing for an extended period of time as well as some walking within the facility. Must be able to see with or without corrective lenses and distinguish color differences and depth perception for product and safety issues. Hearing ability should be sufficient to hear and react to audible alarms from distances up to 100 feet. The ability lift and carry various items up to 70 pounds.