Summary of Functions:
Responsible for part production; molding, assembly, and inspection of all product produced. The selected candidate will have excellent vision, hand eye coordination, dexterity, and analytical skills with a high focus on organization, cleanliness, ability to follow procedures, and quality of work.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Able to retrieve product from molding machines; both automatic and manual at standard rates
- Able to visually inspect and measure all parts according to specifications and blueprints
- Able to perform assembly work at the standard rate and meet all quality expectations
- Must follow all specifications, department procedures, and all ISO/GMP’s
- Must be able to work as a team with other Operators and Support Staff
- Must understand department goals and objectives as well as participate in advancing them
This position will directly report to the Shift Supervisor. There will be frequent interaction with Technicians, and Quality personnel, as well as regular interactions with engineering.
Experience and/or Educational Requirements:
- 2-5 years’ experience in fast paced environment of medical device molding and assembly
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Strong analytical skills
- An orientation toward process improvements
- Able to read and write fluently as well as read basic blueprints and dimensional callouts
Must be able to work a standard 40-hour workweek with occasional overtime including weekends a possibility. Sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time as well as some walking within the facility. Must be able to see with or without corrective lenses and distinguish color differences and depth perception for product and safety issues. Hearing ability should be sufficient to hear and react to audible alarms from distances up to 100 feet. The ability to lift and carry various items up to 50 pounds.